November 19 2020 Thursday at 03:30 PM
Snap out of the every-day.¬†Jeremy Tagand, Head-Chef of the Deus workshop sucked the marrow of the past out of the carcass of the W650 to create a lighter, tastier dirt-tracker with an urban assault feel.¬†Kawasaki‚Äôs W650 has a great reputation for reliability and making itself a more than versatile base for custom work.¬†A rich blend of ingredients worked together offer up a once street based rig that is more than capable of heading bush, from raised adjustable suspension to low maintenance black paint and powder coat.¬†Hose down the weekend‚Äôs dirt and this puppy is ready for daily duty on city streets.¬†Much lighter than standard, The Wishbones provides excellent response on and off road, assurity maintained via rider input. Jez is wearing the Deus LA Workwear jacket, find it here.¬† Northern Hemisphere, find it here.¬† Today‚Äôs offering:
- Tomaselli motocross bars provide old school feel
- Velona digital speedo/tacho ‚Äì reducing the clocks to sleek pin-point vision
- Bates style headlight, carving away the bulk for a neat light, powerful enough to cook a chicken.
- Braided brake line of black offers assurance when reining in the extra grunt of the dyno tuned engine.
- Hand-rolled alloy front and rear fenders, leaving the heavy steel to rust in the past. A delicately recessed custom LED tail light complements the sleek line.
- Air-box removal, now breathing through twin K&N filters to re-jetted carbs.
- Exhaust gasses erupt through custom two-into-one headers, which are wrapped in a sheath of black to increase their aesthetic and functionality
- Straight-through custom reverse cone muffler helps amplify Kawasaki‚Äôs classic twin.
- Custom length rear shock units by Ikon, black body, black spring.
- Revised fork internals and adjustment for pre-load, offer greater ground clearance while maintaining positive front-end feel.
- Tank and side covers are flavoured with limited edition factory Kawasaki colour scheme: black with chrome accents.
- The motor has been stripped and painted in high temperature black.
- The wheel-set complete (hub, spoke, rim) styled up in black powder coat.
- For rider and pillion comfort we have a factory Kawasaki W800 seat, a satisfying serving for two.
- Metzeler Karoo 3 tyres have a taste for dirt, however sizzle on tar.